When it comes to financing, we all have our scepticisms. Understanding the core concept of finance – and then the whole chains of links that follow – can be a bit overwhelming for an average Joe. In this blog, however, we won’t go deep into how finance works and what…Read More
Forerunners in the NFT Marketplace
A few early adopters in the industry, here are the top platers in the NFT Marketplace who have been the forerunners as the industry has evolved over the years:
- Opensea is perhaps the most common marketplace in the industry and is best known for providing digital arts and unique assets, further tokenizing them into NFTs.
- Rarible is an open marketplace that was initially made to tokenize digital arts and painting into NFTs. It soon became an open marketplace and evolved into one of the best out there.
- The nifty part about Sorare is that it gives its players or team members the chance to participate in virtual fantasy sports leagues. After all, it’s a specialized NFT marketplace that has been specliazed for fantasy sports.
- Legally approved by the NBA to facilitate tokenization of NBA-exclusive video clips and player cards, NBA Topshots is the most successful project to come from Dapper Labs.
- V.cent is a digital marketplace, and the only one at it, to convert tweets into NFTs. It is known for once selling a tweet for the highest bid of $2.5 million.
- Cryptokitties is a blockchain-based game and it’s one of the most popular marketplaces for gamers developed using Ethereum. Herein the players can trade the game currency with NFTs.